The Apple iPhone X is viewed as one of the most revolutionary models of the company. It featured big modifications and changes that strayed away from the well-loved designs that the iPhone 7 and 8 series had to offer. Released in 2017, it had over 63 million units sold worldwide due to its great features and designs.
In this article, we will look at what set the iPhone X apart from its predecessors. We will also review how this smartphone matches up against modern competitors to decide if it is a great buy in today’s world.
The iPhone X can be considered as a great “overhaul” of the brand’s design. It was the very first Apple product to adopt a magnificent and clean all-screen display, removing the home button we all grew up with. Furthermore, both back and front panels were composed of pure glass, giving it a one-of-a-kind glimmer when hit by any light source. The stainless-steel frame also gives it a very classy and professional look as it matches well with the curves of the device.
As the so-called “design of the future”, the iPhone X packed some serious hardware to keep up with its looks. It had a huge 5.8 inches, 1125 by 2436 Super Retina OLED Display which is a great improvement from previous models. The device ran at an A11 Bionic chip with 3 GB of RAM, meaning that it could handle the workloads for any demanding apps. not only that, but the iPhone X was also sold at 64 GB and 256 GB variants, giving a user ample space for pictures, videos, and apps.
The iPhone X has a front camera equipped with TrueDepth for facial recognition. It has a 7 MP quality and can record HD videos. The back camera is a far more powerful beast as it featured dual-lens with one 12 MP wide and 12 MP telephoto viewing angle. Combined, this resulted in better shots and amazing color preservation that was far ahead of its time.
- Portrait. The iPhone X has a camera configuration in which a user can simulate different types of lighting when taking a shot. This includes Natural, Studio, Contour, and Mono options. The sensor is also very good at preserving colors in various light environments.
- 4k Videos. The phone can shoot very high-quality photos up to 60 fps at 4K resolution. This makes it suitable for various applications such as vlogging, recording, and movie making. Combined with the hefty storage that it has, and you are only limited by the battery capacity which should also not be a worry.
- Efficient Charging. The device has a better 2700 mAh capacity, and it can run for 2 hours more than the 7 series. A wireless charging system can also be used and this makes up for a more efficient charging experience.
- Face ID and Animoji. TrueDepth technology enables the iPhone X to have accurate FaceID recognition for security purposes. Not only that, but it also helps in creating live Animojis using your facial expressions, as well as in the simulation of Augmented Reality displays.
- Operating System. This model was first released together with iOS 11. It will have support for upcoming Operating System updates of the company. Usually, Apple supports a device for 5 to 6 years. Thus, it is expected that the last OS available for the iPhone X will be the OS released in the year 2023.
- All-Screen Display. The iPhone X got rid of the Home Button to make room for more display space. Thus, full-screen gestures were introduced for navigation. This made it an iconic device since no buttons needed to pressed while using the device except for volume and lock screen.
On the day of its launch, one iPhone X cost from $1000 to $1200. However, due to the consistent release of Apple phones on an annual basis, this price has experienced a significant drop. You can now find iPhone X for sale at around $350 to $550 depending on the storage capacity. As more Apple products get released, this cost is very likely to drop further.
The iPhone X served as the baseline for modern iPhone designs. It was indeed a revolutionary phone that was well-received by the general population. If you want to have a very professional-looking device without spending too much on the newer iPhone models, then the iPhone X is perfect for you. After all, it has hardware and software that can readily compete with modern smartphones from other brands.
Think carefully before purchasing the iPhone X, as the XS and XR models are also available in the market. To answer the question of whether it is a good device in 2021, a huge yes can be replied.