The iPhone 12 is Apple’s most recent addition to their smartphone catalogue. It has some of the best features that the market has seen for a while, and it is truly a device worthy of being a flagship model. Since its release last year, it has already sold an impressive 38.1 million units.
The series comes in two main phones: the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini as well as the upgraded versions which are the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max. In this guide, we will review the features that make this a very popular smartphone. Furthermore, we will also look at its advantages, specifications, and overall design to help you gauge whether it is a mobile phone worthy of purchase.
The iPhone 12 series combines the trademark design of the X while trying to incorporate a more retro, flat look coming from the iPhone 4. At a glance, you will notice that the sides look sharper as it is fashioned with aluminium that also acts as a corner case. Furthermore, the iPhone 12 series is thinner, smaller, and lighter compared to the XS series which brings it more portability.
It also comes in 6 different colours which are blue, black, red, white, purple, and green. It can be noticed that the phone is easier to grip due to the flatter feel.
The iPhone 12 has a 6.1 inches 1170 by 2532 display, and this is the same as the iPhone 12 Pro, while the iPhone 12 Mini has 5.4 inches with 1080 by 2340 pixels. On the other hand, the iPhone 12 Pro Max has a far larger display of 6.7 inches and 1284 by 2778 pixels. The iPhone 12 and 12 Mini runs on the A14 Bionic Chip with 4 GB of RAM. The Pro versions boost this capability by a lot as it has an A14 Chip with 6 GB of RAM. The iPhone 12 and 12 Mini comes in 64 GB to 256 GB variants, while the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max extend this to up to 512 GB.
The iPhone 12 series is built to take photos. Both iPhone 12 and 12 Mini have dual main cameras that pack 12 MP each, and one is assigned for wide angles while the other is for ultrawide angles. On the other hand, the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max feature superior photography power with its triple camera with 12 MP each, segmented by wide, telephoto, and ultrawide angles. It even has a Light Detection and Ranging Scanner installed to gauge different depths and perspectives.
- Ceramic Shield Glass. The iPhone X and 11 Series featured the strongest smartphone glass in the market during its release due to the dual-ion exchange process. However, the iPhone 12 Series gets rid of any other competition, thanks to Ceramic Shielding. Apple even claims 4X better performance in case of drop accidents, so durability is not a problem.
- Spill Splash Resistance. The model has IP68 resistance compliant, meaning that it can handle dust, water, and even scratch. Using the phones for some time while being submerged will never be an issue.
- A 14 Bionic Chip. The A14 Bionic Chip is dubbed as the fastest chip installed in any modern smartphone. It has a Hexacore configuration, and the iPhone 12 and 12 Mini is equipped with 4 GB RAM while the Pro and Pro Max have 6 GB. Running memory extensive applications ranging from video processing and gaming will be a breeze with this phone.
- Supreme Display. The series’ Super Retina XDR Display is unlike any display present in other mobile phones. it has increased colour precision and preservation, as well as better viewing angles.
- Better Night Mode. Capturing memories in low-light is not a problem, thanks to the HDR 3 availability of all the lenses equipped in the device. It also has great processing of silhouette subjects that have a very high contrast between foreground and background.
- Dolby Vision. Ever heard of Dolby SurroundSound? Well, imagine that, but applied in videos. The absurd camera of the iPhone 12 series is capable of recording 4k Dolby Vision videos that can be readily edited on the phone.
The price for the iPhone 12 and 12 Mini starts at $699. On the other hand, the upgraded, beefier version that is iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max starts at $999. It should be noted that you should not expect this price to drop as it is a very new model.
If you have the budget and are looking for the best smartphone available in the market, then you should not hesitate in buying any phone in the iPhone 12 series. It is one of the most advanced devices in 2021 in terms of hardware, camera, operating system, and design. Few competitors are worthy of matching up against the iPhone 12 series, and this fact will likely remain the same for a long time. If you’d like to check out the complete comparison between iPhone 12 and Samsung S21 then click here to read more.